Thursday, September 27, 2012

Intro to Me (Part 2 -- The Scary List)



So, what do all these illnesses mean?  Ouch!   It means that I am tired a lot... and get fatigued easily.  It means that I hurt a lot... and any kind of exercise hurt (it was training and doing the Avon 2 Day Walk for Cancer which triggered my Dercum's).  It means I wake up and spend most mornings retching (luckily with little vomiting), with movement making it worse.  I get horrible headaches from time to time.  I get pain and bloating in my stomach.  And blah, blah, blah...whine, whine, complain.  You'll learn more as I talk about my days....

It also means I have to take a whole bunch of pills!!   And (as mentioned previously) a few shots.

So, what all do I take?   Here's the CURRENT scary list (and what I take it for):

  • Humulog Insulin -- 3 times/day with meals (15-20 units depending on carbs in meal) Diabetes
  • Lantus Insulin -- this is the delayed release type, 1/day (34 units) Diabetes
  • metformin -- 1000mg 2/day   Diabetes
  • Propanolol ER -- 160mg/day    Migraines
  • Ambien -- 10 mg 1/day  Hypersomnia/Narcolepsy (helps me to stay asleep all night!)
  • fluoxetine -- 40mg 1/day   Depression/OCD
  • Lisinopril -- 5mg 1/day   Diabetes (to prevent kidney/liver damage)
  • Lo Loestrin -- 1/day  Estrogen Replacement
  • HCTZ -- 25mg 1/day High Blood Pressure
  • Erythyromycin -- 500mg 2/day  Gastroparesis
  • Prilosec -- 1/day  Gastroparesis
  • Vicodin -- up to 3 pills (7.5/750mg) as needed for pain
  • xanax -- up to 3 pills (.5 mg) as needed for anxiety
  • phenergan -- around 7mg (1/4th pill) up to 2/day as needed for nausea
  • Bonine -- thinking of replacing phenergan with this because it causes less drowsiness -- 1 pill/day -- kinda alternating right now

Those are the prescription drugs (and OTC ones), here's the supplements I take:

  • centrum silver 1 a day vitamin
  • Vitamin D
  • Magnesium
  • Vitamin B-12
  • probiotics
  • low dose aspirin
  • Flax oil (either through flax fit tablets or straight up flax oil)
  • Gas-x

No comments:

Post a Comment