Monday, October 1, 2012

Day 1 (Oct 11)

Welcome to Day 1!!!

So, I will be using myfitness pal to keep track of my diet and exercise.  You can access it at:  http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/jennyw1969.

Now what you will see is mainly me walking the dog and cleaning house and trying a little extra exercise here and there.  As I mentioned before, exercise bothers my DD, so I'll do the best I can.

Also, you will see what I eat.   Of course, I will have setbacks and ocassionally eat bad things, but what you see me eating is in keeping with my gastroparesis diet and the bile gastritis preventive diet, which is low-fiber, low-fat, frequent meals and avoiding some foods that cause bezoars -- like broccoli, beans (okay, I know I'll slip up there, but I'll try to be sure it is a pureed form), things with seeds, a variety of other things.  I'm not spposed to have raw veggies or fruits (except for bananas), but I do want to increase the amount I get, so I got the Jessica Seinfeld Deceptively Delicious book where she purees veggies and sneaks them into foods.   I'm hoping to get some energy back to try some of those things (I used to love baking).  And I'll be trying some other things.

Basically, want to keep my fiber between 10-15 a day, my fat around 40 grams with sat fat around 10 and carbs around 180.  My fitness pal has me at 1300 calories with 43 grams of fat, 14 sat fat and 179 carbs.... so close enough.  :-)

So, I weighed in this morning at 163....   Here we go....

I tried Jessica Seinfeld's Deceptively Delicious mac & cheese w/ cauliflower puree.   It was good but I will cut the cheese by like half next time and try to get the cauliflower even more pureed or softer in general.

Anyway, My Fitness Pal fussed at me for not eating enough as I only ate 1105 calories.  So, need to squeeze in more.   I also barely made my water/fluid intake goal!!  I did make my exercise goal as I'm starting out slow & easy.



MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

No comments:

Post a Comment