Sunday, October 14, 2012

Day 4 (Oct 14)

Whoooeeee.   I just got back from the longest walk I've taken with my dog since.... well since before I had her!  Now I'll pay for it.   Okay, I was paying for it during the walk.   But, wow.   I didn't know I had it in me.



Okay, I went to the store this morning and I was determined to get these pumpkin donuts I've seen there (there were only 4 in a box) and they didn't have them!   I settled on a couple of cadbury "screme" eggs, but after adding them to my diary, they sure weren't worth the calories/fat.

I also got sick in the store.  This is the second time I've gotten sick in there in as many weeks.  Won't go into detail, but I think I need to take an immodium before I head out to any stores from now on.  

Yesterday I went way over on my fat/sat fat because I had the most delicious soup and didn't pay attention to that nutrition stuff till I went to eat it.  1 cup has 15 grams of fat and 9 grams of sat fat!   When you are trying to keep your sat fat to less than 14, that's a whole lotta fat.   And unfortunately, when I went to put the leftovers in a container, I realized I had 1 1/2 cups.  Yikes.  It was creamy red pepper with smoked gouda..... very yummy....

Made a spinach puree... well, I think I need to see if my bigger food processor still works because the little one I'm using doesn't quite puree it.   I mixed it into spaghetti sauce, put it on a really awesome pita bread (will have to look it up so I can plug it properly) with a little reduced fat mozzarella and it was an awesome mini pizza.   Tasted really good!   I'm thinking of trying to put a little bit of that mixture on a morningstar griller on a hamburger bun.  Not sure it will work...

No comments:

Post a Comment